The educational councils are executive boards composed of academics, scholars, and students in the corresponding field of study. Their main task is the development and administration of each educational area at the Faculty of Arts. The general function of each educational council is to:
- create the development strategy of the respective study programmes
- participate in the implementation of the respective study programme
- participate in the regular qualitative evaluation of the study programme
- supervise and check the rectification of problems identified during the implementation of the study programme
- manage a list of external moderators for the respective field of study
Until 2016, study programmes were managed by Study Programme Councils.